IBM – Licensing of IBM software
Experience how you can correctly license the IBM software you are using according to the requirements of the contract.
Learn how to correctly license the IBM software you are using to fit the requirements of the contract.
The IBM software licensing is a challenge for customers due to its complex license metrics, the variety of license conditions and the large number of contract conditions.
Get to know licensing basics of IBM software within dedicated and virtualized environments as well as their contractual fundamentals
Receive a requirements overview regarding commercial and technical IBM data acquisition
Learn to create your own license balance
- Business Fundamentals
- IBM contract fundamentals (International Program License Agreement, Passport Advantage, Subcapacity Agreement)
- IBM license models (PVU,Authorised User Value Unit, Resource Value Unit,etc.)
- Licensing of selected IBM software (Spectrum Protect, WAS, Lotus Domino, DB2, MQ)
- Recording and preparation of contract and licensing data
- Technical Fundamentals
- Requirements definition regarding the technical recording of IBM software
- Elaboration of models for technical data provisioning models
- Creation of an IBM license balance
- Challenges while creating an IBM software license balance
- Balancing procedures
- Learn to interpret balancing results