SAM Basic - Achieving a 360° overview
Get an overview of the key elements required for a comprehensive and effective Software Asset Management (SAM) – from setting up the organization to creating a software license baseline and an-alyzing the license compliance situation.
Compiling a valid baseline for software products is typically a major challenge for organizations.
An effective Software Asset Management is the basis for obtaining a comprehensive overview of the current licensing status. Comparing available commercial licenses and deployed software requires specific knowledge of the key concepts of software licensing such as: Software manufacturers’ specific license requirements, Inventorying the currently deployed Software, Achieving an overview of purchased licenses, Efficient processes supporting the creation of license baselines.
Gain a structured overview of Software Asset Management
Identify the key areas for action within your organization and derive specific measures
Gain insights on key concepts such as legal aspects, licensing requirements, inventory com-pilation, and tool support
Build up the knowledge required to create a software license baseline
- Software Asset Management basics
- Definition of key terms
- Legal requirements
- SAM benefits
- SAM processes
- Commercial and technical data collection processes
- DIN ISO 19770-1 – the norm for SAM
- Creation of a software license baseline
- Collecting commercial and technical data
- Handling of software and licenses that cannot be inventoried automatically
- Application of different license types and metrics, including virtual environments
- (Manual) Creation of a license baselin
- SAM roles
- Typical SAM roles and the need for adaption
- Approach for definition of responsibilities