Deloitte D.SAM Certification
The international certification program "Deloitte Certified Software Asset Manager" was developed to provide and certify the participants an extensive knowledge about IT, licensing and legal aspects in relation to Software Asset Management. The certification is performed by Deloitte Certification Services GmbH.
- The certificate proves that the holder has obtained a holistic understanding and comprehension of the terminology, activities and controls for SAM and builds the foundation for aligned and smart internal SAM processes.
- The training, in combination with the certification, provides the holder and their organization with the basis to achieve significant benefits, through reduced risk and cost by software usage and/or software purchase/cost avoidance.
- Certificate holders demonstrate their proficiency in the application of a common SAM framework.
- Certification and course participation contributes to organizational growth in SAM and supports the development and growth of SAM maturity through skills uplift by the participant.
The certification program addresses to candidates with an adequate practical experience in the field of Software Asset or License Management. Generally a professional experience of at least three years in the field of license management or Software Asset Management and responsibilities for process design and/or implementation in terms of securing software compliance is required.
Prerequisite for admission to examination besides the practical experience is the participation in the three day training "SAM Master Class – Becoming a SAM professional" of the Deloitte SAM Academy. Alternatively the training "SAM Advanced – Applying the manager's perspective" (two training days) plus an additional training (one training day) can be credited.
Written exam, 90 minutes, multiple choice questions
The participants prove advanced skills in IT, license and legal aspects related to Software Asset Management. This contains i.a.:
- SAM definition, scope and benefits
- SAM organization, processes and roles
- Data collection and license balancing
- Software pooling and internal charging of software costs
The certification is valid for three years beginning with the day of examination
An extension of the certificate (recertification) for further three years is possible at the end of the validity period of the applicable certificate. The recertification is a proof of participation in a further SAM training with at least 8 class hours within the last 3 years.
The training price does not include a certification – for this purpose a separate fee of 500,- € excluding VAT is imposed.